This recipe for this vegan burger is one of my favorites, and it doesn’t stop to amaze me.
It is delicious, vegan (of course), gluten-free, and addictive. be warned!
Ingredients (14 Vegan Burger)
In this recipe, there are no eggs or any kind of flour.
The grounded lentils function as a “glue” that keeps all the blend together and gives solid and stable burgers.
So without further ado… let’s start 🙂
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5-2 cups of sprouted green lentils
- 1 large onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 150 grams of mushrooms – optional
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp cumin
- Sweet or spicy paprika, or chili powder
Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
Cut the cauliflower into small florets and place them in a pan on a baking sheet.
Sprinkle with pepper, saIt, cumin and olive oil, and bake in the oven until browned (about 20 minutes).
Get the cauliflower out of the oven but keep the oven working as you’re going to use it again soon.
In a frying pan, fry the onion and the mushrooms with little oil, until browned.
Put the cauliflower, sprouted lentils, garlic, onions, mushrooms and the chilli powder in a food processor, and grind until the mixture is smooth.
Make patties from the mixture, and place them on oiled baking sheet in a pan.
Bake for 15 minutes, turn over the patties and bake for another 10 minutes.
Let it cool a bit and that’s it, your vegan burger is ready!
A Few Notes
- Do not cook the lentils.
- If no sprouted lentils are available you can use overnight soaked lentils.
- If you don’t like cauliflower you can use zucchini instead.
- For the complete gluten-free experience, I recommend placing the burger inside a lettuce leaf with some tahini sauce on top and a few tomato slices, fold the leaf and eat joyfully.